Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Lovely Day on the Newcastle Foreshore




We (James and I)decided a couple of weeks ago to have a meal in a nice restaurant on the Newcastle Foreshore at Honeysuckle where all the restaurants are and there are a lot of them. They are all facing the Harbour.


We left home at 11am and drove down to the ferry wharf and waiting for us was the ferry. I always love riding in the ferry, any ferry will do. I think it is a water thing.


I have ridden the Newcastle Ferry since I was a little girl when we lived at Stockton. I loved it then and I still love it. I have, many time rode the ferries in Sydney too. The Parramatta Cat Ferry from Parramatta to Circular Quay at Sydney. From circular Quay, I have ridden the Manly Ferry many times over the years, and even to different wharfs in the Harbour. I think that Sydney Harbour is the pretties Harbour in the world.
I have ridden the ferry in San Francisco, New York, Hong Kong, and New Orleans and from Melbourne to Tassie although that was an overnight ferry and maybe not counted.


After getting off the ferry we walked down the foreshore to the Restaurant Il Grifone where we sat and watched to the world go by for an hour or so.

 We ordered the Bruschetta, and I ordered Tortellini and James ordered Marinara. Both meals tasted great. We both ordered coffee and relaxed in a great atmosphere.


We walked back to the Ferry via Hunter Street, which really needs a facelift.


All in all a wonderful day.








No comments: